2012 Summer Classes
Purpose: To provide five weeks of academic review to reinforce the skills and concepts learned during the past school year, in order to retain content and/or improve study skills for the next school year.
Subject Areas: Reading, Math and Study Skills
Structure: Groups of 3–5 students will be organized according to subject matter and grade level just completed.
- June 12 through July 12 (five weeks)
- Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday
- No sessions on Wednesday, July 4
- 50-minute morning class sessions
- The demand for enrollment will shape the class schedule. A mailing in May will announce the class schedule and meeting times.
Cost: Tuition is payable up front in a lump sum with no refunds for missed sessions, including family vacation time or sickness. Payment is due at the time of registration. It may be split, with half due on May 4 and the balance due on June 1. Payment is non-refundable since classes are set and teachers hired based on registration.
- One child: first course is $225
- Same child: second course is $210 ($15 discount)
- Sibling(s): first course is $202.50 (10% discount)
- Sibling(s): second course is $189 (10% discount)
- Students who are enrolled in Zion’s Day Care program and enroll in two summer school classes, will receive a $150 Day Care credit
- Financial aid is available: application deadline is May 4
Questions: Mrs. Linda Grein is the Summer School Director. Contact her through Zion’s school office at 303-659-3443.