Welcome to Zion Lutheran School as we begin our 2020-2021 school year! I would like to share my appreciation to our returning families for continuing to make Zion your choice for educating your child(ren). To our new families, we joyfully welcome you into the Zion family.
Since this is our first school-wide communication of the year, I’d like to mention a few things that will help to make this year a smooth and successful one. The following informational bullets will be beneficial to you and your child…
- Put Jesus 1st in your life
- Punctual attendance is expected, school starts @ 8:00am each school day, be here as early as 7:35am.
- If you haven’t yet, activate your GradeLink account – Starting Tuesday, Sept. 1, your child’s grades (1-8) will be available for your review — check your child’s grades weekly and hold them accountable for missing work. Grades are updated online each Tuesday.
- Communication is the key, read the Lion’s Roar found on the website and emailed to each family, teacher’s weekly newsletters, and email teachers when necessary.
- Make sure your child is wearing appropriate attire each day for a Christian school. Our dress code policy can be found on the website. (no Mohawk haircuts, spaghetti strap shirts, and short shorts- shorts should not be shorter than child’s fingertips when arms are straight down by their side )
- Ensure your child is picked up from school each day by 3:15 pm.
- If you ever have a concern with a teacher or staff member, please speak to them directly first. If concern is resolved great, if not speak with the principal or ECE director. Following this process is Biblical and helps to minimize issues and concerns.
We are excited to start a new school year and look forward to working with you as we seek to educate your child(ren) spiritually, emotionally, physically, and academically.
Zach Brewer, Principal