Welcome to Zion Lutheran School as we begin our 2015-2016 school year! I would like to share my appreciation to our returning families for continuing to make Zion your choice for educating your child(ren). To our new families, we joyfully welcome you into the Zion family.
Since this is our first school-wide communication of the year, I’d like to mention a few things that will help to make this year a smooth and successful one. The following informational bullets will be beneficial to you and your child(ren)…
- Put Jesus 1st in your life
- Punctual attendance is expected, school starts @ 8:00am each school day, be here as early as 7:30am – Parents it is imperative that we get started on time each day, so we ask that you exit the building by 8am each day, unless you are volunteering for a teacher, in which case check in at the school office to receive a visitor pass
- If you haven’t yet, activate your Edline account – Starting August 31, your child’s grades (1-8) will be available on the school website — check your child’s grades weekly and hold them accountable for missing work.
- Communication is the key, read the Lion’s Roar found on the website and emailed to each family, teacher’s weekly newsletters, and email teachers when necessary.
- Become very familiar with Zion’s website, it has useful information. Check out the “Parent Information” tab for most of your school forms and schedules.
- Make sure your child is wearing appropriate attire each day for a Christian school. Our dress code policy can be found on the website. (no mohawks or spaghetti strap shirts)
- If you ever have a concern with a teacher or staff member, please speak to them directly first. If concern is resolved great, if not speak with the principal or ECE director. Following this process is Biblical and helps to minimize issues and concerns.
Again, I am excited to start a new school year and look forward to working with you as we seek to educate your child(ren) spiritually, emotionally, physically, and academically.
Zach Brewer, Principal