What is Zion’s PTL and why should you attend a meeting?
In addition to being the source of fundraising for the school, Zion’s Parent Teacher League (PTL):
- Supports our teaching and administrative staff
- Did you know that every year PTL provides each teacher with a cash amount, this year it was $150-$200, to be spent over the summer improving their classroom?
- In addition to the above, teachers are asked to submit “Wish List” requests. This year the PTL funded nearly $2,500 in wish list items for teachers. These items enhance the quality of your child’s classroom experience.
- Every year during Parent/Teacher conferences, when the teachers and staff are working late, PTL provides dinner for them.
- Provide teacher/staff gifts at Christmas and during Lutheran School Week.
- Gives feedback and input to the School Board and Administration
- This input can help direct positive change in school operations. We are currently reviewing the playground and PE/sports equipment and exploring how we can assist in implementing and funding improvements.
- Provides opportunities for fellowship and fun!
- This year we had a Welcome! Ice Cream Social for all of our new students in 1st -8th grades. It was a hit and we hope it becomes an annual tradition!
- We host the Back to School BBQ and School Carnival.
- Another addition this year is the Community Movie Nights in the gym. Look for more dates to come!
- In the spring we host a Middle School Dance.
You can see, the school needs you! We value your participation and look forward to seeing you at a meeting.
PTL’s commitment to you:
- We will always provide childcare at our meetings.
- Our meetings will be an hour in length.
- We know long meetings mean late bedtimes, and that is rough on everyone.
- Your input is valued and we want you to have a voice.
- As often as possible, we will have a special feature at meetings that are of value to parents and families.
Meet other Families ~ Get Involved ~ Have Fun
We look forward to seeing you there!
For more information about how you can get involved, please contact us via the school office