- Tuesday, January 31 is the last day to order yearbooks. The cost is $21 per yearbook. Order forms are available in the school office or place your order online at: YBPay.lifetouch.com use code: 1102817.
- Jump Rope for Heart forms are due in the office by Friday, February 3. The Jump Rope for Heart Event is Wednesday, February 8. In order for your child to participate, a minimum $5 donation is required as well as having a permission form filled out. Permission slips are available in the school office if you need one. If your child has signed up online, the permission slip has been completed.
- PTL needs Cheese Sticks and Oranges for the Jump Rope for Heart event. Items may be dropped off in the school office by Monday, February 6.
- Re-enrollment for current Zion Lutheran School families begins next Monday, February 6. Re-enrollment forms will be passed out to all classes on Thursday, February 2. Completed forms and re-enrollment deposits should be turned into the main school office beginning Monday, February 6.
- Class pictures for grades K-8 will be taken on Tuesday, February 7. Look for order forms coming home this week. 8th graders will take individual pictures on Tuesday as well. All other grades will only have the class group picture taken.
“Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.” (Is. 26:4)
Monday, January 22nd
- Opening devotion by Pastor Christian at 8:15 a.m. in the gym
- Movie Day: Finding Dory
- Whole school at 1pm
- Hawaiian/Beach Day
Tuesday, January 23rd
- Backwards Day
- Schedules flipped completely, including lunch
Wednesday, January 25th
- Favorite Sports Team
- Picnic Lunch
- Staff Lunch
Thursday, January 26th
- Chill and relax day
- Sweatpants, jammies, etc.
- Read with Chapel buddies
- Kindergarten Open House 6pm
Friday, January 27th
- School Spirit Day – Zion gear
- Pep Rally – 1pm
- 2:00pm Early Release – Zion Invitational Basketball Tournament
Honoring Jesus – Serving Others
Dear ZLS Families,
Thanksgiving Feast for grades K-8 is on Wednesday, November 16. Tickets are on sale now in the school office. Adult tickets are $6, children (other than Zion students) are $3. Please be aware the deadline for purchasing tickets is Friday, November 11. Reservations and tickets are required to attend. (K-8 students do not need reservations.) Lunch will begin at 11:00 with grades K, 5-8 being served first. The second serve will begin around 11:45 for grades 1-4. Please plan on meeting your child outside their classroom.
The 4 year old preschool classes will be holding their Thanksgiving Feast on Monday, November 14. Check with your child’s teacher for details.
In honor of the Veteran’s Day chapel service on Wednesday, November 9, children are encouraged to wear Red, White and Blue.
NJHS will be selling ice cream and popcorn at lunchtime for 75 cents this Friday, November 11. Plan on sending change with your child/ren if they’d like a treat. Proceeds will go towards the gym floor project.
If your family plans on using daycare during the Thanksgiving break, November 21, 22 or 23, the deadline to sign up is Monday, November 14. Remember you will need to provide a sack lunch for your child during this time.
Food Drive for Bethesda Group homes happening now through Friday, November 18. Items may be dropped off in the school lobby.
The Scholastic Book Fair will begin this Friday, November 11 and runs through Friday, November 18. Plan on stopping by before or after school.
Thank you for your support of the Yankee Candle Fundraiser. If you haven’t received your order, please check with your child’s teacher.
Honoring Our Current and Retired Military Personnel — Zion will be honoring our current and retired military personnel next Wednesday, November 9 during a special chapel service at 8:15 a.m. in the gym followed by breakfast in the Fellowship Hall. Please RSVP by calling the church office at 303-659-3443. Please wear your military attire.
Thanksgiving Feasts are quickly approaching! 4 year old preschool families, your feast will be on Monday, November 14. Grades K-8 will be held on Wednesday, November 16. More information will be sent out soon!
Zion Lutheran School will be hosting a vision/screening assessment for students in grades Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, and 7th on Thursday, November 17 from 8-12 noon. It is a free service offered to our families in those grades. The assessment will be completed by a trained audiologist and vision screeners contracted by us through 27J school district. As parents you will receive results of the assessment for your child(ren). Assessment results are simply informational for you the parent. What you choose to do with them is up to you. Having your child screened does not bind you to any requirements to follow-up with a specialist unless you choose to seek one.
Dear ZLS Families,
Report cards for grades (K-8) will be sent home today. Parent teacher conferences are set for Thursday, Oct 27 and Friday, Oct 28. There is NO school Friday, October 28.
PUMPKINS are still available for purchase now through Friday, October 28th during parent teacher conferences.
Lost & Found will be set out on tables by the school library. Plan on stopping by during parent teacher conferences to check for any missing items! Anything left after that will be donated to Goodwill.
Tomorrow – Thursday, October 27 Yankee Candle orders will be available for pick up. Morning preschool families may pick up orders from 11:00 – 11:30 all others may pick them up after school. Stop by the library to collect your items. Thank you for your support of this fundraiser!
Zion Lutheran Church is sponsoring Trunk or Treat is THIS SATURDAY! (October 29) 6:15pm to 7:45pm
Bring a decorated car with candy to pass out and be entered to win a prize.
Papa Murphy’s Pizza will be here along with hot dogs and cookies.
This is a free community event. Invite your friends! If you have questions, please contact Marilyn Fingerlin at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you to all who have already provided a meal for the Hinton family. We’d like to continue to support the family in this way. If you can, please consider signing up on the meal schedule which was created using TakeThemAMeal.com. You can easily sign up by clicking here, or by visiting TakeThemAMeal.com and locating the schedule by recipient last name (Hinton) and password (5262). For meal planning, please plan on 1 adult, a 13 yr. old and a 6 yr old. If possible, please have the food in disposable containers, this makes clean up a breeze! Please plan on having the meals to the house between 5:00 to 5:30pm. If anything does come up, please contact Jen Nylander to help coordinate (630) 930-9740, or email at email@example.com. Thank you for your kindness to help during this difficult time. Thank you to Jen Nylander for coordinating the meals.
Dear ZLS Families,
Picture retakes for grades K-8 are scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday, October 18. If your child was absent on picture day or you are not happy with the first pictures taken, please stop by the school office and pick up an order form. You will need to send in the packet of pictures originally passed out to you.
Pumpkins are still for sale in the school lobby. Pick one up now for $5. The proceeds will go towards the gym floor project.
Wednesday, October 19 is Papa Murphy’s Spirit Day. Stop by either of the Brighton locations, mention Zion and your child’s homeroom teacher when ordering.
Thursday, October 20 NJHS will be selling ice cream for 75 cents at lunchtime. Proceeds will go towards the gym floor project.
A meal schedule for Scott Hinton, has been created using TakeThemAMeal.com, and you’ve been invited to participate! If you would like to sign up, you can access the meal schedule by clicking here, or by visiting TakeThemAMeal.com and locating the schedule by recipient last name (Hinton) and password (5262). For meal planning, please plan on 1 adult, a 13 yr. old and a 6 yr old. Please plan on having the meals to the house between 5:00 to 5:30pm. If anything does come up, please contact Jen Nylander to help coordinate (630) 930-9740, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your kindness to help during this difficult time.
Thank you to Jen Nylander for coordinating the meals.
Dear ZLS Families,
All Yankee Candle order forms must be turned in by tomorrow, Tuesday, September 27th in order to get them processed. No late orders may be accepted.
Carnival week is here! Volunteer participation has been amazing over the last week or so. We are almost there! If we could fill the following slots all of our games and activities will be completely full! Here is what we have left:
Animal Rescue – 6:30-8:00
Chicken Chuckin’ – 6:30-8:00
Disc Drop – 6:30-8:00
Duck, Duck Match – 6:30-8:00
Duck Race – 5:15-6:45 and 6:30-8:00
Lion Bean Bag Toss – 6:30-8:00
Lollipop Tree – 6:30-8:00
TP Toss – 5:15-6:45 and 6:30-8:00
Volunteer Check In – 6:30-8:00
We also have a few spots for clean-up.
If we can get these filled, we will have all games full for the entire night! We are so close!! Please click here to sign up : http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094fa4a629a3fb6-zion1
Thank you to all who have stepped up to help this event be a success!
The Cake Walk will again be featured at the carnival. This is a crowd favorite! Bring in your homemade treats to contribute to the fun. Items should be dropped off Friday, September 30 before 2:00 pm. Make sure to mark your items with your homeroom teachers name. The class with the most participation will win a root beer float party!
Donations of canned pop and bottled water are needed as well. These items may be dropped off in the school office.
Carnival tickets will be available for presale Tuesday, September 27th – Thursday, September 29th. You may purchase these before and after school in the school lobby. Presale tickets will be 5/$1.00. The day of the carnival tickets will be 4/$1.00. Every $25 spent on presale tickets will enter you into a drawing to win 2 tickets to the October 30th Denver Broncos/San Diego Chargers football game!!
IMPORTANT: No hot lunch will be served on Friday, September 30 due to carnival set-up. NO microwaves will be out either. However, milk will be available.
We look forward to seeing you all at the carnival on Friday.
Some notes from your ZLS PTL!
- Chick-fil-A Spirit Day Success: Chick-fil-A will be sending a $500 check our way thanks to all who participated in September’s Spirit Day! Mrs. Wolfe’s 5th grade class won the class contest and will receive a special cookie delivery this week.
- October 19th Papa Murphy’s Spirit Day: Please join us at either Brighton Papa Murphy’s on Wednesday, October 19th to support Zion.
Dear ZLS Families,
- Congratulations to the girls varsity volleyball team for winning 2nd place in this past weekend’s tournament! Go Lions!
- This is the last week to sign up for carnival. We still have many, many spots to fill. Lack of volunteer participation will result in the cancellation of the carnival. Click on the link to sign up now. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094fa4a629a3fb6-zion1 – Thank you to all who have already signed up.
- Zion Lutheran Church & School is in the process of updating its phone system. The new system will be in place within a week or so. The only change you will notice is upon calling the school you will hear an automated voice directing you to either the church, preschool/daycare, school office, or accounting. Please use the current school number of 303-659-3443. This number is the same as before and will not change.
- Midterm reports (grades 1 – 8) will be sent home Wednesday, September 21.
- The Yankee Candle Fundraiser ends on Monday, September 29. Proceeds from this fundraiser will go towards the gym floor. Please be sure forms are turned into the office by Monday, September 29. IMPORTANT: In order for your child/ren to participate in the duck promotion, they must turn in duck coupons by Friday, September 23. No ducks will be available after Friday.
- Chick-fil-A Spirit Day Success: Chick-fil-A will be sending a $500 check our way. Thank you to all who participated in September’s Spirit Day! Mrs. Wolfe’s 5th grade class won the class contest and will receive a special cookie delivery this week.
- TOMORROW is the deadline for Zion’s golf tournament! The tournament is Saturday, September 24, 2016, at Colorado National Golf Club in Erie. Fee is $125 per player (this includes a round of golf with cart, range balls, and post golf lunch with door prizes). Registration is at 6:30 am, shotgun start is 7:30 am. Registration forms are available in the church and school offices. Proceeds from the golf tournament go towards tuition assistance. Please contact Becky Hueske with questions at: 303-358-6776 or email@example.com
- Zion Spirit Wear – Orders for new Zion apparel are due by Saturday, September 10. All orders are placed online by clicking on the following link: www.companycasuals.com/zionlutheran
- School Pictures for grades (K-8) will be next Tuesday, September 13. Picture order forms will be distributed this week. Orders may also be placed online at: www.mylifetouch.com – Picture ID CG996257Y0. Preschool pictures will be October 5 and 6. Order forms for preschool pictures will be sent out closer to the day of pictures.
- The Zion Fall Carnival is scheduled for Friday, September 30. We need your help to make this a great carnival for our school! We have great food, games, and lots of neat activities for all to participate in. We even have a few new items added this year! Our volunteers are the key to the success of the carnival. Please consider volunteering for a shift, or even two if the spirit moves you to do so!! This is an event everyone looks forward to, and with your help it can be a great success for the school and a great time for the kids! Follow the link to the sign-up sheet through Sign Up Genius: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094fa4a629a3fb6-zion1. If you have any questions, please feel free to email Jen Semroska