Here’s a little bit of news from the ZLS PTL!
- Chick-fil-A Spirit Day Success! Thank you to all who participated in the February 10th Spirit Day at Chick-fil-A. Thanks to your generosity, Chick-fil-A will donate $469 (20% of our total sales $2,354) to Zion. Hats off to Miss Lee’s 2nd graders for winning the class cookie contest!
- Krispy Kreme Sale Underway: Students are selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts, coffee, and discount cards through March 4th. Please see PTL president, Lorri Carrier if you’d like to participate but don’t have a student to support.
- Dine out and support Zion: Please join us at Papa Murphy’s (Brighton Crossing – 96 N 50th Avenue) on Thursday, March 31st between 10 AM – 8 PM to participate in the March Spirit day.
- Annual Flower Sale is May 7th: Mark your calendars now and save the date! The Zion Lutheran School Annual Flower sale is right around the corner. The sale will be held for one day only: Saturday May 7th. Please join us in supporting our school at this fun sale. Volunteers are needed; email Nickie Maillet at email@example.com to sign up.
This week is a busy one. Please see below for reminders and updates.
- Roller Skating Parties for Grades 1-8 are this week. Please be sure your child’s permission slip has been turned into your child’s teacher. Grades 1-4 will be skating tomorrow, Tuesday, February 9. Grades 5-8 will skate Thursday, February 11. Be sure to pick up your child by 2:45 at the rink, unless previous arrangements have been made.
- Wednesday, February 10 is Chick-fil-A Spirit day. Don’t forget to mention Zion and your child’s teacher when placing your order.
- Wednesday, February 10 is also the beginning of Lent. Chapel will be at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesdays through March 16.
- Parent Teacher Conference slips for K-8 will be going home today. Please be sure to fill out the form and return to your child’s teacher by Wednesday, February 10. Parent Teacher Conferences are next week, Thursday, February 18 and Friday, February 19.
- PTL will be providing dinner for the teachers on Thursday, February 18 and breakfast Friday morning, February 19. To access the meal schedule, you can go to perfectpotluck.com and enter coordinator’s name: Roberts and password: ZionLions. Or you can click the links below. If you have any questions, you can contact Karen Roberts at 720-934-8639 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for being a blessing to our teachers!
- There is no school Monday, February 15 in observance of Presidents Day. Daycare is also closed that day.
- There is no school Friday, February 19 due to Parent Teacher Conferences. Daycare will be open that day for those already registered, however no hot lunch is available.
- Re-enrollment forms were due last Friday, February 5. Enrollment for Zion Lutheran Church families opened Monday, February 8. Open enrollment for the community begins Monday, February 22. If you have not turned in your re-enrollment form and deposit you must do so as soon as possible to ensure your families spot next year.
Thank you and have a great week.
Wednesday, February 3rd 6:00pm to 7:30pm
- Explore required courses, special programs, extracurricular activities, and meet some staff.
- Students and their families should attend one of the Welcome Sessions to obtain their registration sheets and hear valuable information about the registration process.
- The event is drop-in style – but be sure to attend one of the Welcome Sessions.
- If you will be attending Brighton High School Next Year – this event is for you.
- If you are the parent of a student who will be attending Brighton High School next year, this event is for you.
- Great Success in High School means planning properly. This planning begins now.
Welcome Sessions in the High School Auditorium. Pick up registration sheets at Welcome Sessions. Please select one session to attend!
- Welcome Session #1 6:00 PM
- Welcome Session #2 6:30 PM
6:00 PM – 7:30 PM Visit with teachers, coaches and activity sponsors
Bethlehem Lutheran Church in Lakewood has invited fathers and daughters here at Zion to join them at their Daddy Daughter Dance.
Fathers and Daughters of all ages are invited to a special night of fun and dancing!
When: Friday, February 5, 2016
6 – 9 pm
Where: At Bethlehem Lutheran Church
2100 N Wadsworth Blvd, Lakewood, CO 80214
Register Online: www.bit.ly/bethlehemdance
Cost: $10 a pair, $2 for each additional child
(After February 3rd, cost is $15 a pair, $2 for each additional child)
If you have questions, please contact Becky Chaplin: email@example.com
Click here to download a copy of the bracket for the upcoming Zion Invitational Basketball Tournament.
Zion’s first game is Friday, January 29 at 8:00 pm against Shepherd of the Hills.
Tickets prices are:
Students (K-8) Tournament Pass – $2.50 Single Ticket – $1.50
Adults Tournament Pass – $3.50 Single Ticket – $2.00
Plan on coming out to cheer on our team!
Please make note of upcoming events and dates for this week and next.
- The Jump Rope for Heart Event is this Wednesday, January 27. PTL is collecting donations of cheese sticks and oranges to provide our jumpers with snacks during the event. If you are able to make a snack donation, please deliver your contribution to the school office by Tuesday, January 25.
- This week is National Lutheran’s Schools week. Be sure to read the schedule of events.Lutheran Schools Week 2015-2016schedule of events. Please note on Tuesday, January 26 the movie shown will be Minions rated PG. If you DO NOT want your child to watch the movie, please contact your child’s teacher. Other arrangements will be made.
- The Kindergarten Open House is this Thursday, January 28 at 6:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall. Plan on attending if your family is interested in Kindergarten next year. Also please invite anyone else who may be interested in enrolling a Kindergarten child next year.
- Re-enrollment forms will be sent home Thursday, January 28. Re-enrollment begins on Monday, February 2. Please be sure to return the completed form to the school office with the appropriate re-enrollment deposit to ensure your child’s spot next school year.
- Friday, January 29 is an early release day. Classes will be dismissed at 2:00. This is due to the Zion Invitational Basketball tournament. Daycare is available for those children who are already registered.
- Class Group Pictures for grades K-8 will be taken next Tuesday, February 2. Order forms will be sent home this week. Individual pictures for 8th grade will also be taken.
Dear ZLS Families,
The next couple weeks are busy. Please make note of upcoming events and dates.
- Yearbook order forms are due this Friday, January 22. Order forms are available in the school office or you may place your orders online at: www.YBPaylifetouch.com using the Yearbook ID Code: 1102816.
- This Friday, January 22 – NJHS will be selling ice cream for .75 during lunch periods. Please be sure to send money with your child that day to help support this fundraiser.
- The Jump Rope for Heart Event is Wednesday, January 27. PTL is collecting donations of cheese sticks and oranges to provide our jumpers with snacks during the event. If you are able to make a snack donation, please deliver your contribution to the school office by Monday, January 25.
- Next week is National Lutheran’s Schools week. Be sure to read and download the schedule of events below. Please note on Tuesday, January 26 the movie shown will be Minions rated PG. If you DO NOT want your child to watch the movie, please contact your child’s teacher. Other arrangements will be made.
- The Kindergarten Open House is next Thursday, January 28 at 6:00 pm in the Fellowship Hall. Plan on attending if your family is interested in Kindergarten next year. Also please invite anyone else who may be interested in enrolling a Kindergarten child next year.
- Next Friday, January 29 is an early release day. Classes will be dismissed at 2:00. This is due to the Zion Invitational Basketball tournament. Daycare is available for those children who are already registered.
- Registration for the upcoming 2016-2017 is approaching. Re-enrollment forms will be sent out next week. Re-enrollment begins on Monday, February 2. Tuition rates for the 2016-2017 school year can be found below.
Lutheran Schools Week 2015-2016
School Tuition Rates 2016-2017
The Zion Lutheran Youth will be selling Dede Haiar’s delicious breakfast burritos on Monday, February 1.
To pre-order fill out the order form below and return it to the School office by Wednesday, January 27. This is a fundraiser for the National Youth Gathering in New Orleans in July. Please support your youth! The cost for the Gathering will be about $2500. If you have questions about the burritos contact Marilyn at 303-659-2339 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions about the National Youth Gathering contact Kristin Lee at email@example.com.
We will have the burritos available by 7am on Monday, February 1, in the school lobby. There will only be a few extra burritos made so preorder today!
Click here to download order form
October 20th Chick-Fil-A Spirit Day a hit! Way to go Zion families! Our sales for that day totaled $2800 resulting in a $560 donation from Chick-Fil-A to Zion. Hats off to Mr. Harts 4th grade class for winning our class contest and the cookies.
2014 – 2015 Spirit Nights raised nearly $3,000! Thanks to all of your support, we raised a grand total of $2,960 over the last school year. What’s the break down?
- Chick-Fil-A $1,748
- Panda Express $208
- Papa Murphy’s $1,003
Longmont Dairy’s MooCaps program brought in an additional $120.
Thank you one and all for helping us make our Spirit Nights a success!
Butter Braid Orders Set to Arrive 11/9 at 3 PM. We sold $16,000 in butter braids, which means $6,400 of that comes back to Zion! Congratulations to Mrs. Heideman & Ms. Wells classes! They each had 58% class participation; both classes will receive a pizza party. Please remember to pick-up your butter braids from the Fellowship Hall on Monday, November 9th. Your orders will be frozen and ready for you to pick up. Unfortunately we do not have the freezer space to keep your orders beyond the 9th. If your student(s) go to daycare, arrangements will be made for you to take the orders from there.
Dine out and support Zion: Papa Murphy Spirit Day 11/16. Please join us at the new King Soopers on Monday, November 16th between 11 AM – 8 PM to participate in the November’s Spirit day.
Thanks again for all your support! We are off to an amazing fund-raising start this school year.
Basketball practices begin next week. A sports physical is required prior to the first game, your doctor will provide a sports physical form. Please return this form to the school office. If your child completed a sports physical for volleyball or soccer another one is not necessary.
The coaches and practice times for basketball are:
JV Girls (grades 4-6) – Mr. McWilliams – First practice will be on Tuesday, November 3 from 4:45 – 6:45. Practices will be every Tuesday and Thursday until games begin. We are opening this team up to 4th grade girls due to lack of interest in grades 5 and 6.
Varsity Girls (7-8) – Mr. Brewer – First practice will be on Tuesday, November 3 from 3:00-5:00. Practices will be every Tuesday, Thursday and Friday.
JV Boys (5-6) – Mr. David Gobbo – First practice will be on Monday, November 2 from 5:30 – 7:00. Practices will be every Monday and Wednesday.
Varsity Boys (7-8) – Mr. Zagel – First practice will be Monday, November 2 from 3:00 – 5:30. Practices will be every Monday and Wednesday.
A schedule of games and tournaments has not been released. As soon as it is available it will be forwarded.
We look forward to a fun and successful season again this year.